Titanic FX Prosthetic Gelatin is an ideal medium for any makeup artist for gaining invaluable understanding and technical skills for working with 3D prosthetic media. These gelatin nuggets are pre-mixed, pre-colored, pre-flocked and ready to melt down for use in prosthetic make-up / props. They are also reusable and of food/medical grade.
Titanic FX have developed this expert grade quality of Gelatin, specifically designed to mimic the color and texture of human skin, it blends flawlessly with the skin giving a professional finish on prosthetic wounds and make-ups. It has been tried and tested on set in LA on Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders and The Last Ship, withstanding high temperatures and long shoots on set with excellent results.
It is available in a variety of colors from Light, Medium, Dark and Clear skin tones and Blood, Muscle and Fat body tones.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
· Titanic FX Gelatin Nuggets can either be cut up into smaller amounts or heated as a whole. Note that cutting up will lessen the heating time.
· Heat in a double boiler (such as a waxing pot) or place in a microwave.
· Be sure to stir well and often to avoid boiling the product.
· Note: Boiling gelatin will weaken the structure of the product.
· Once the Gelatin has melted into a liquid, pour into your (pre-released) mold and allow to cool.
· You can also place your mold into a fridge to speed up the cooling process.